1. Competitors will have 2 hours (unless otherwise noted – check daily schedule for time) to complete one hand of stiletto-style nail enhancements and colored acrylic or gel products in original and artistic ways. Tips and adhesive are NOT allowed. Two competitors may share one model.
2. The nails must be a minimum of 5,08 cm length nail. This measurement is from the lowest point of the cuticle to the end of the free edge. Any nails shorter will receive a 10 point deduction of overall score.
3. Cover pink may be used.
4. No acrylic or gel paint or nail polish of any sort may be used at all. Hand painting is not allowed on top of the nail to enhance the design.
5. Glitter powder may be used (any size) but must not be included in more than 10% of the design.
6. The design must not cover more than 10 % of the nail bed. This is to allow the nail bed to show through.
7. Embellishments may be used.
8. All work must be done on site. No pre-work is allowed.
9. NO Theme: Any colors – Just follow the rules!
10. Surface of the nail enhancements must be flush—NO raised surfaces. “C” curves range between 40% and 50%. The thinness of a salon style nail, approximately 0.08 to 0.12 cm, is ideal. Credit card thickness for example.
11. Competitors may NOT use any copyrighted art, designs or logos
12. All files and buffers must be clean and unused; buffing products are allowed.
13. Only water may be used. Cleansing products (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions, etc.) are NOT allowed. Bowls containing marbles or other substances are not allowed.
14. All nail enhancements must be finished to a high shine by buffing, applying top coat or using a UV gel sealant. No other polish, including glitter polish, is allowed.
15. Extreme Stiletto with Design Competition Nails will be judged in the following categories: lateral structure & shape, finish work, theme, design, surface structure & “C” curves, product control & cuticle area, complexity of design, detail, length, color, balance of design & overall impression.
16. Any Extreme Stiletto with Design Competition Nails that win, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO competitions. The NAILPRO competition staff reserves the right to disqualify any design it considers too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.
Property of Nailpro Competition ©2017 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copywritten and All rights reserved.Download PDF