**FiveStyle Sculptured Nail Competition Rules
This competition is about style and shape. We want to see 5 shapes of nail extensions. Square and regular stiletto cannot be used. For example the wedge, bridge, lipstick, edge, Russian almond, blade, arrow or something new that you create. Remember it is the structure of the nail that dictates type of nail you are going to produce. THIS IS NOT FRENCH TWIST. Each nail must have a different structure quality.
** “C” Curves will carry the shape of nail sculpted and will be judged in accordance with the shape that is created. Meaning they will mostly likely not be created in the traditional “C” fashion.
** Smile lines MAY be done in support of the style created for that nail shape.
1. Competitors will have 3 hours (unless otherwise noted) to complete ONE HAND (unless otherwise noted) of FiveStyle competition-style sculptured nail enhancements using flat paper or metal forms. Tips and adhesive are NOT allowed.
1a. Competitors must provide a document mapping out what nail is which type.
2. Competitors must use liquid-and-powder acrylic products or light cured products only.
3. Only pink, clear and white enhancement products may be used. Enhancement products containing glitter and/or any other color are NOT allowed. Cover pinks are allowed and may be used to elongate natural nail bed.
4. Embellishments may NOT be used.
5. The model’s natural nails may be prepared for product application before the competition, but product may NOT be applied until the competition starts.
6. No consideration will be given for any pre-existing damage to a model’s natural nails, cuticles, or hands.
7. No products, such as inverted tips or any “cookie cutter” products may be used to form or assist in making a smile line. All smile lines must be done with a brush by hand. Paint on white is not allowed.
8. Electric files and buffing tools, may be used. No buffing products with oil of any sort May be used.
9. Water only may be used. Cleansing products (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions, bowls with anything in them i.e. marbles, rocks etc.) are NOT allowed.
10. The nail enhancements must be French-style (pink/clear and white), finished to a high shine and completely free of polish. Nail plate may be extended. Gel sealant may not be used to finish to a high shine. You must buff to a high shine.
**PLEASE SEE JUDGES CRITERIA FOR CLARITY OF JUDGING!
11. FiveStyle Sculptured Nails will be judged in the following categories: smile lines, “C”curves, cuticle area, shape, product control, FiveStyle, surface structure, lateral structure, length, complexity, finish work, and overall impression.
Property of Nailpro Competition ©2017 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copywritten and All rights reserved.