Competitors will have 45 minutes (unless otherwise noted), to complete 1 hand of Foil Embossed Elegance Nail Art.
THEME: LOVE IS IN THE AIR
1. All art work is to be done on site.
2. Model may already have enhancements applied and ready for art application.
3. The base nails may have one base color applied to the enhancements/extensions. That color may be polished on or sculpted or light cured. If you sculpt with cover powder that is your one color. Or you can polish or paint with ONE color over your nail enhancement.
4. The second color may be applied with any type of gel or paint once the competition begins.
5. NO embellishments may be present on or in the extensions prior to competition including glitters or sparkle of any kind.
6. No build-up of any kind may be present prior to competition. Nails must have a flat surface.
7. Foil Embossed art must cover a minimum of ½ of the nail enhancement/extension. Design may be included on the nail bed. No embellishments are allowed, (unless otherwise noted).
8. If there is a theme must be followed on all 5 nails.
9. Foil Embossed Nail Art must be raised and covered in foil
10. Embellishments or adornments (when allowed) must NOT exceed 10% of the overall design.
11. Top coat, UV gel sealant or glitter polish may be used.
12. Competitors may use a similar version of copyrighted art, design or logo but they must not be identical to the original. If artwork does not follow criteria judges will determine point deductions.
13. Foil Embossed Elegance Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, visual interest, color, Length, balance, design & detail, dimension, overall impression, complexity, workmanship, shape and theme.
14. Any Foil Embossed Elegance Nail Artdesign that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO competitions. The NAILPRO competition staff reserves the right to disqualify any design it considers too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.
Originality – 5 Points
• the design is innovative (new and original)
• the design is unique (different from other designs we have seen in the past and from other entries)
• the design is within the guidelines of the copyright rules
Visual Interest – 10 Points
• the design captures your attention
• the design holds your attention
• the design continues to draw your attention to new details
Color – 10 Points
• the colors enhance the design
• the colors complement each other
Length – 5 Points
• the length, measured from cuticle to the end of the extension, is consistent between matching nails (pinkie to pinkie, etc.) and in proportion to each other
• the length is suitable for competition-style nail enhancements; a suggested range of a 1 to 1 ratio of nail bed to free edge is ideal, provided the length looks balanced on model’s hands
Balance – 5 Points
• various elements of the design are well-balanced, neither too sparse nor too busy
• the sum of the design is in harmony with the parts of the whole design
Design and Detail – 10 Points
• the design enhances the theme
• the design is well thought out
• the detail of design is clean and precise
• the design has adequate detail
Dimension – 10 Points
• the artwork is obvious and within the guidelines of Foil Embossed Elegance rules
• the dimension enhances the theme and is balanced
• the design is raised adequately to accentuate the artwork
Overall Impression – 10 Points
• this entry makes an excellent overall impression
• this entry is complete and needs no improvement
Complexity – 10 Points
• the design is challenging, demanding skill and effort
• the design involves multiple techniques
Workmanship – 10 Points
• the overall quality of the work demonstrates outstanding artistic skills
• the workmanship is neat, clean and precise
Shape – 5 Points
• the shape is symmetrical and consistent individually
• the shape is symmetrical and consistent together as a whole
Theme – 5 Points
• the theme is obvious and completely developed
• the theme is continued on all 10 nails
|Scoring Guide 2 Hands||Scoring Guide 2 Hands||Scoring Guide 1 Hand|
|10 = Flawless||5 = Average||5 = Flawless|
|9 = Almost Flawless||4 = Below Average||4 = Very Good|
|8 = Very Good||3 = Poor||3 = Average|
|7 = Good||2 = Very Poor||2 = Below Average|
|6 = Above Average||1 = Unacceptable||1 = Very Poor|