1. Competitors may submit more than one entry, (does not apply to on line competition) but must pay a registration fee for each entry. Only entries which make it into the top 10 count toward NAILPRO Cup points. If submitting more than one entry, only the points from the highest scoring entry in the top ten count towards the NP Cup both individual and team.
2. Hand Painted Nail Art entries may be turned in by someone other than the competitor. You do not need to be present at the competition to enter this competition.
3. A Hand Painted Nail Art entry must consist of a set of 10 individual manufacturer tips. They may not be constructed by a lay person. They must be from a manufacturer box. The length must be no longer than 2” in (5,08 cm) length and no wider than 3/4” (1,9 cm) if they were flattened out. Tips must be graduated in size. Finished tips must be wearable. The design must be done by hand painting only. Tips must remain individual and not be secured to one another. Design may encompass all 10 tips as a picture, but tips must remain individual. If tips do not meet the requirements, the design may be disqualified or receive a point deduction.
4. The theme for each Hand Painted Nail Art competition will be announced before the beginning of the competition year. The theme must be followed on all 10 nails.
NAILPRO Romania 2019 – CASINO
5. All work must be completed prior to the competition. No work station, seating or electrical outlet will be provided.
6. Tip original color does NOT matter.
7. All work must be done by hand painting only. Absolutely no airbrushing or gel polish allowed. Only paint and nail polish may be used. Any type of stamping is not allowed.
8. The surface of the tips must be flush; NO raised surfaces.
9. Top coat or UV gel sealant may be used but must NOT contain any glitter.
10. Competitors may use a similar version of copyrighted art, design or logo but they must not be identical to the original. If artwork does not follow criteria judges will determine point deductions.
11. On-Site – Display: Ten tips must be SECURLY fastened to a plain (one color no texture no mirror), flat surface for the judging process. The size of the mounting surface is to be a maximum of 6 inches (15,24 cm) wide by 8 inches (20,32 cm) deep by ¼ (0.63 cm) tall and it must beFLAT, FLUSH AND STURDY. Any entries that do NOT meet this requirement will be disqualified at the time of turn in or judging. Digital entries – please see details in Nailapalooza Rules.
12. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts: one detailing the products and processes used to create the art (do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers), and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Failure to provide this information will result in a 5 point deduction in overall score. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
13. Entry will be judged on presentation.
14. Hand Painted Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, visual interest, color, presentation, balance, design, detail, overall impression, complexity, workmanship, tip length and theme. Judges will NOT be informed about which products and/or techniques were used.
15. Any Hand Painted Nail Art design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO competitions. The NAILPRO competition staff will disqualify any design it considers too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.
Property of Nailpro Competition ©2017 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copywritten and All rights reserved.Download PDF