Fantasy Nail Art
NOTE: All Rules are Property of Nailpro Competition © 2020/2021 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copyrighted, and all rights reserved. Legal action will be taken when necessary.
**1. Competitors may submit more than one entry but must pay a registration fee for each entry. If submitting more than one entry only for on-site competitions, only the points from the highest scoring entry count towards the NP Individual Cup or team cup if you are one of the top 5 point earners.
2. All work, including model preparation, must be completed prior to the competition. No work station, seating or electrical outlet will be provided.
** 2. To participate in the Nailpro Europe online competitions, all work is pre-performed on the model. A complete image is created with the fulfillment of the task on a two hands of model according to the “POSTER” principle!
Preparing photos of works:
work on the hands of the model in 4 angles (top view, front view, left view, right view)
full image of the model, in full hight.
3. All nail work must be done and completed by the registered competitor this includes hair and makeup.
4. All nail art must be made from professional nail products (colored liquid-and-powder acrylic, light-cured gel, wraps and resin, polish, rhinestones, etc.).
5. Embellishments may be used, but must NOT exceed 25% of the overall design.
6. All work for each entry must be completed by the competitor registered for that competition, with the exception of a purchased costume. This must be disclosed at time of competition to the judges. If NAILPRO finds this rule has been violated, the competitor will be prohibited from competing in any NAILPRO or NAILPRO-run competition for the period of one year.
7. The model must be in costume and prepared for judging at the scheduled report time. There will be NO briefing for this competition. Failure to not have your model in line at appointed time will result in disqualification.
8. Models will stand during the judging process and must be able to walk in costume without assistance.
9. The theme for each Fantasy Nail Art competition will be announced before the beginning of the competition year. The theme must be followed on all ten nails.
10. Competitors may NOT use any copyrighted art, designs or logos. Penalties for using copyrighted logos will be given at judge’s discretion.
11. Nails must be incorporated into the design. The nail art MUST BE attached to the nails and not sitting ONLY on a platform.
12. The Nail Art MUST BE attached to the nails ONLY on a platform. They may NOT serve only as base. There will be a 10-point deduction if nails are not incorporated into design. Each individual nail must be attached to each individual nail bed of the model’s hand. It must not be separate from the model’s nail or attached to the fingers or hand in some way as to “appear” as though it is attached. Each piece of art can be interlaced with the other nail art but must be a distinctly separate attached nail. Size of art pieces will not be a consideration in judging however complexity will.
13. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts. One detailing the products and processes used to create the art, and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Failure to provide this information will result in a 5-point deduction in overall score. Do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers, and DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
14. Fantasy Nail Art will be judged in the following categories: originality, color, costume, design, visual interest, balance, overall impression, presentation, complexity, workmanship, details and theme.
15. Any Fantasy Nail Art design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO competitions. The NAILPRO competition staff will disqualify any design it considers too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.
** New Rule/Change
Property of Nailpro Competition ©2019 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copy written and all rights reserved.
Originality – 5 Points
· the design is innovative (new and original)
· the design is unique (different from other designs we have seen in the past and from other entries)
· the design is within the guidelines of the copyright rules
Color – 10 Points
· the colors enhance the design
· the colors complement each other
Costume – 10 Points
· the costume complements the theme and artwork
· the costume is complete and needs no improvement
· the costume is neat, clean and well-constructed
· the costume is well-constructed according to competitors’ interpretation of theme. Example if the entry is supposed to be messy, sloppy or bloody it should be done well.
· the costume is well thought out with extra details added if store bought.
· the costume is complete with make-up, body paint or other accessories
Design – 10 Points
· the design enhances the theme
· the design is completely thought out
· the design is within a fantasy realm. Something extraordinary, not simple but fantastical
· the nail art MUST BE attached to the nails and not sitting ONLY on a platform
Visual Interest – 10 Points
· the design captures your attention
· the design holds your attention
· the design continues to draw your attention to new details
Balance – 5 Points
· various elements of the design are well-balanced, neither too sparse or too busy
· the sum of the design is in harmony with the parts of the whole design
Overall Impression – 10 Points
· the design makes an excellent overall impression
· the design is complete and needs no improvement
Presentation – 5 Points
· the entry is presented within the Fantasy Nail Art Guidelines
· the entry makes an excellent presentation
· care was taken to present this entry
· written statement is included and is complete and understandable
Complexity – 10 Points
· the design is challenging, demanding skill and effort
· the design involves multiple techniques
Workmanship – 10 Points
· the overall quality of the work demonstrates outstanding artistic skills
· the workmanship is neat and clean
Detail – 5 Points
· the detail of design is clean, clear and precise
· the detail is more than adequate for the design
· the detail clarifies the design, adding dimension
Theme – 10 Points
· the theme is obvious and completely developed
· the theme is continued on all 10 nails
· the design enhances the theme
|Scoring Guide 2 Hands||Scoring Guide 1 Hand|
|10 = Flawless||5 = Average||5 = Flawless|
|9 = Almost Flawless||4 = Below Average||4 = Very Good|
|8 = Very Good||3 = Poor||3 = Average|
|7 = Good||2 = Very Poor||2 = Below Average|
|6 = Above Average||1 = Unacceptable||1 = Very Poor|
** New Rule/Change
Property of Nailpro Competition ©2019 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copy written and all rights reserved