1. Competitors will have 1.5 hours to complete a set of salon-style nail extensions using cover or clear pink on nail bed/plate and white as the free edge. You must use either flat, paper or metal formsor tips.
1b. Salon-style — The standard of perfection for the Salon Success competition; a set of nail enhancements that have:
• A more durable, wearable look
• A shape that ranges from extreme square to extreme oval (stiletto)
• A 2 to 1 ratio of nail bed (pink) to free edge (white), measured from the center of the smile line;
• Product thinly applied near the cuticle area, reinforced at the stress area, and tapered through the free edge so it is equal to approximately the thinness of a standard business card.
• Consistent “C” curves of 33.33 % and 40% (120° and 144° arc)
2. White tips are NOT allowed (clear or natural tips only).
3. Competitors must use some type of professional product. Enhancement products containing glitter and/or any other color are NOT allowed.
4. Embellishment(s) may NOT be used.
5. The model’s natural nails may be prepared for product application before the competition starts, but product may NOT be applied until the competition starts.
6. No colored or clear products of any type may be applied to tips prior to attaching them to the natural nail.
7. Only unaltered clear adhesives (gel-type, brush-on, tubes, etc.) may be used to attach tips to the nail. No plastic type molds of any kind may be used to form the sculptured nail.
8. All enhancement products must be applied after tips and or forms are applied to natural nails.
9. No consideration will be given for any pre-existing damage to a model’s natural nails, cuticles, or hands.
10. No products, such as inverted tips or any “cookie cutter” products may be used to form or assist in making a smile line. All smile lines must be done with a brush by hand. Paint on white is not allowed.
11. All files and buffers must be clean and unused; electric files and buffing products may be used.
12. Cleansing products (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions, etc.) are allowed. Excessive use of oil is not permitted. It will be at the judge’s discretion to deduct points for excess oil.
13. The nail enhancements on one hand (competitor’s choice) must be polished with RED cream polish or if using gel, a gel polish. Gel contestants may use RED polish. Base coat, ridge filler and top coat are allowed.
14. The nail enhancements on the unpolished hand must be Salon-Style (Pink and White ONLY), finished to a high shine. A gel sealant may be used, but hand must be completely free of polish.
15. The underside of both hands must look the same.
16. Salon Success will be judged in the following categories: smile lines, “C” curves, cuticle area, shape, product control, surface structure, presentation, lateral structure, length, polish or color application, finish work, and overall impression.
Property of Nailpro Competition ©2017 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copywritten and All rights reserved.Download PDF