1. Competitors will have 1 hr 45 min (unless otherwise noted) to complete one hand (unless otherwise noted) of competition-style nail enhancements that reflect an original and artistic interpretation of the traditional French Style Pink and White. Either flat paper or metal forms or tips may be used. Always check the daily schedule for exact parameters.
2. Competitors may use any combination of light pink, clear and white enhancement products (liquid-and-powder acrylic, light-cured gel, wraps and resin, etc.) staying within the traditional French Manicure range of colors. NO other colored enhancement products are allowed except the glitters listed in rule #3. Example – NO purple, No Red, No Brown and so on. If the colors are not in the traditional range of pink or glitter colors listed above and below it will be up to the judge’s discretion to deduct penalty points. Remember this is a FRENCH TWIST competition NOT design sculpture.
3. Enhancement products containing light-colored glitter only of any size, (silver and gold, white opalescent and pale pink opalescent colors) may only be used. Do remember this is not a design sculptured competition.
4. Embellishments may NOT be used.
5. The model’s natural nails may be prepared for product application before the competition starts, but product may NOT be applied until the competition starts.
6. No colored or clear products of any type may be applied to tips prior to attaching them to the natural nail.
7. Only unaltered clear adhesives (gel-type, brush-on, tubes, etc) may be used to attach tips to the nail.
8. All enhancement products must be applied after tips and forms are appliedto the natural nail. No plastic type molds of any kind may be used to form the sculptured nail.
9. The surface of the nail enhancements must be flush; NO raised surfaces.
10. All files and buffers must be clean and unused; electric files, buffers and buffing products may be used.
11. Cleansing products (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions, etc.) are allowed. Excessive use of oil is not permitted. It will be at the judge’s discretion to deduct for excess oil.
12. The nail enhancements on both hands must be finished to a high shine by buffing, applying top coat or using a gel sealant. No other polish, including glitter polish, is allowed.
13. French Twist will be judged in the following categories: lateral structure, “C” curves, originality, cuticle area, surface structure, product control, complexity, design and balance, length, shape, finish work, and overall impression.
14. Any French Twist design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO competitions. The NAILPRO competition staff will disqualify any design it considers too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.
Property of Nailpro Competition ©2017 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copywritten and All rights reservedDownload PDF