Instructions for online organisation of NAILPRO Romania
- The participant must install on his/her smartphone the ZOOM application, this should be installed minimum one day before the competition begins. The app is FREE. One day before the competition, the organizer will do a video conference with all the participants, even if they don’t participate in the first day of the competition. All the participants will receive an access link to their email which they registered with.
- Each participant will receive its own unique number of participation with the abbreviation of the category he is registered. The numbers will be sent via email which the participant registered with. The numbers must be displayed on the upper side of the model’s palm, before the category will start. Before the category will start and after it’s finish, the floor judges and the organizator will check the models and their numbers.
- Between the catgories you will have 1hr break. During this time the participant must upload all the required pictures of its work on a Google Disk, in a folder which will have his/her name on it, created before the competition. The access to this folders will be given one day before the competition starts, and it will be sent by email which the participant registered with. ATTENTION! If you participate in more than one category, you will need to create in your personal folder a new folder for each category you participate in. We ask you to be careful and check if you have all the pictures uploaded in the folder.
- For the online version of the NAILPRO, we are working by the same rules as the offline version. For example, on your working desk there can’t be products or instruments which the category you participate in doesn’t allow. If the participant forgot to take out from the bag a product, he/she must ask the permission of the floor judge to take it. The floor judges are always checking on the participants. It’s prohibited for the models to stand-up and leave the filming zone
If you have any questions, please contact us in an appropriate time by the email:
or by watsup:
0040 – 724 – 963 – 828
PHOTO REQUIREMENTS for technical categories
All the photos must be in a digital format and have a 300dpi resolution. You don’t need to have a professional photographer to make your photos, but he will help you to improve your work. If you choos to have a professional photographer , he/she must sign a contract that he/she approve that the organizator of NAILPRO Romania will use this pictures without their consignment. Each participant must present 5 photos of his work and signed contracts. All the photos must be made on a white or black background, any aother color is prohibited.
- Presentation photo – crossed hands, right hand on left hand and picture will be made at a 90 degree angle.
- C-curve – the angle of the camera should be positioned as if you want to look at your nails from distal fold to the cuticules, so you can see the tunnel.
- Lateral view of the right hand
- Lateral view of the left hand
- General photo – both hands on a flat surface and black background, photo made by 90 angle from the top.
PHOTO REQUIREMENTS for Tip box
- Before adhering the tips to the stand, the participant will make a picture of the shortest and longest tips. He/she will use a flexible ruler to show the size on the central line of the tip. On the picture we must clearly see the entire length from zero.
- One picture which includes all the tips, separated, before attaching them to the stand.
- Presentation needs 2 pictures- general view from the top of work, having the ruler placed by the stand to see its high and its width. As well pictures of high and width of the 3D elements if those are on the artwork.
- Frontal view – in the photo needs to be seen the high of the stand and how the tips are attached to the stand.
- Photo number 6-7-8 – will be 3 different parts of the work
- Photo number 9 – a part of the work that the participant wants to accentuate in fron of judges. If there are more objects of interest, than it can be more pictures of it. Each participant must present a minimum of 9 pictures for TIP BOX
GENERAL RULES AND INFORMATION
Property of Nailpro World Nail Competitions © 2021 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED. UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copyrighted, and all rights reserved.
********If you see something say something NOW!
If you see something a competitor has done,OR is doing that YOU feel is not according to the rules, you must tell us!
********DURING THE SHOW/COMPETITION ONLY! ********
2021 – Qualifications
NAILPRO nail competitions are open to all beauty professionals licensed or qualified to perform nail services. Current students and beauty professionals from states or countries in which licensing is not required are also eligible to compete. Proof of licensure or qualification (such as school enrollment certificate or letter confirming salon employment) may be required.
** ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO POINT DEDUCTIONS AND OR DISQUALIFICATION!
- All work for each entry must be completed by the competitor registered for that competition. If NAILPRO finds this rule has been violated, the competitor will be prohibited from competing in any NAILPRO or NAILPRO-run competition for the period of one year.
- Competitors may turn in more than one entry. It is up to the competitor to get the entry to the competition and arrange for the entry to be returned to the competitor. NAILPRO will only be responsible for any turn in entries during the competition. We will not be accepting entries prior to arriving on site and will not be responsible for returning entries to the competitor.
- ALL WORK MUST BE DONE ON SITE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. No pre-done work is allowed, unless otherwise noted. If NAILPRO finds this rule has been violated, the competitor will be prohibited from competing in any NAILPRO or NAILPRO-run competition for the period of one year.
- Any competitor or model found not complying with the NAILPRO rules before, during or until the close of the show is subject to possible disqualification and/or point deduction. In the event disqualification occurs after awards and/or prizes, cash or otherwise, have been distributed, the disqualified contestant must return their trophy as well as all prizes to NAILPRO staff. He or she will also be prohibited to participate in any NAILPRO or NAILPRO-run competition for one year.
- Competitors must report at the scheduled report time to receive entry information. Late arrivals or entries may not be accepted. Nail art entries may be turned in by someone other than the competitor. Nailpro cannot be responsible for artwork turned in by someone other than the competitor.
- Competitors must supply ALL necessary products and supplies, including lamps and extension cords for each competition they enter, (unless otherwise noted). Products must be in labeled containers.
- Competitors are given 1 (ONE) chair – if chairs are not needed you may use 2, however if there is a shortage you will be required to give up the extra chairs you are using.
- The rules will be reviewed in mandatory briefing scheduled 5 or 15 minutes before the start of each competition unless otherwise noted.
- Once the questions only or briefing starts, competitors will notbe allowed to touch their models until the start of the competition. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- Any prohibited products or supplies found at a competitor’s workstation/or under your towels, mats or whatever you are working on during a competition will be confiscated, and the competitor may be disqualified at the discretion of the NAILPRO competition staff. Products will be returned at conclusion of award ceremony, and only by request.
- Competitors must have all products they are going to use out on their work area, and all cases must be closed. After the competition has begun, competitors may not reach into the case without competition staff present.
- Bowls containing marbles, stones or any objects are not allowed on or in working area at any time.
- Competitors are NOT allowed in or near the judging area at any time. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- Once the competition begins, competitors and/or models may NOT leave the competition area without the permission of the competition staff. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- When directed, competitors must promptly clean their workstations and leave the competition area.
- **Access to the competition area is limited to competitors, models, and NAILPRO competition staff ONLY. Anyone entering the floor for a competitor or model and/or approaching a competitor or delivering items to a competitor without Floor Sage’s permission, the competitor will be given a 5 point deduction no questions asked!
- When a competition ends, models must stand and follow the instructions given by the competition staff. Models may NOT leave the competition area until excused by the competition staff.
- **Nailpro judges and staff reserve the right to walk the floor at any time they deem to necessary to check tables for products that are not allowed during the current or future competitions. AND THEY WILL!
- If at any time a competitor has an issue with the results or decisions of judges it is mandatory that it be discussed in a respectful manner.
- If there is a problem with a rule infraction it must be reported at once. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE COMPETITION IS UNDER WAY OR WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE AWARDS. If so you will be sanctioned as well.
- If the competitor insists on acting disrespectful, it will be at the discretion of the judge to not allow that competitor to compete in any or all upcoming Nailpro competitions.
- The NAILPRO competition staff reserves the right to final interpretation of all rules.
- Copyrighted Art – NO Copyrighted art is allowed at any time. Any and all designs bearing even a similar likeness will is not allowed. Penalties will be given at judges’ discretion and possible disqualification may be incurred.
Models: – Give this section to your model or be sure she is aware of all these rules!
- Competitors must supply their own models when models are required. Models must be at least 18 years old, OR if a release is signed by the parents no younger than 14, AND one or both parent(s) are present while the minor is modeling. Models will be required to show ID if asked by Nailpro Staff. Only live models may be used.
- Competitors are responsible for making sure that they and their models understand and comply with the competition rules. Failure to comply may result in point deduction or disqualification at the discretion of the NAILPRO competition staff.
- Models are not permitted to lay their heads on the tables at any time during judging! If they are not cooperating with the judges, you will receive a 5 point deduction. If it continues you may be disqualified. During the judging process, models may NOT speak to other models or to the judges. They may not use cellphones at any time during the entire judging process.
- At no time during a competition may models assist the competitor in any capacity. Models may not blow dust, lick their nails at any time prior to being judged. If a staff member asks the model to stop breaking these rules. It will be at the discretion of the floor judge/sage to disqualify the competitor’s model for bad model behavior.
- Models are NOT allowed to wear any jewelry on their hands, wrists or arms, including watches. Failure to comply will result in a deduction of 5 points in the category of overall. This rule does not apply to models for Fantasy Nail Art.
- Models are NOT permitted to move the judge’s curtain during the judging process.
- When a competition ends, competitors must immediately stop working, and move away from their workstations as directed. Competitors are NOT allowed to touch their models again until after they have been judged. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- Any designated Nailpro Floor staff member has the authority to impose a 5pt deduction for anyone causing disruption, being disrespectful of NPC Staff, or for any and all rule violations.
*** PLEASE REMEMBER – NAILPRO COMPETITIONS WILL SOON BE GOLBAL – AS OF YET WE DO NOT HAVE A WORLD CUP! IT IS COMING!!!! So please do not post you have won the Nailpro World Competition!
These competition rules are in effect for NAILPRO Cup. For rule clarification, please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com. ONLY! We will not be taking phone questions.
- Upon registration, competitors and their models give consent to Creative Age Publications, Inc. and TL Nail Center SRL and all its properties to freely use in any form or manner they seem fit for Creative Age Publication’s magazines, websites and projects. In addition, to reproduce all photographs, videos or such taken at the show, including those taken by photographers, or others hired for the show by Creative Age Publications. Not limited to anyone working in conjunction with Nailpro Competitions. All photos, images and videos or film shot are property of Creative Age Publications and may not be used without written permission. Your registration is considered as a signed release.
- When you arrive to report, the competitor will be given a certificate of participation with wristbands and/or a round sticker with their number. The wristbands are for the model, and are color coded for each separate competition. Novice competitors are given an additional white band, one for each competition they registered in. When putting the wristband on your model make sure it fits like a large bracelet. Do not choke the wrist of your model. PLEASE TURN THE NUMBERS SO THEY FACE AWAY FROM THE MODEL. Please place wristband on models right hand unless a one handed competition – then it is on the hand being judged.
- Themes: Are guideline rules. If the themes are not followed disqualification or point, deductions are possible. Decision will be that of the Nailpro Competition staff and will be announced during awards ceremony. Please note when a color or shades of a color are given as a theme, it means no other color may be used unless otherwise noted.
- **Competitors must designate their level of experience (Novice or Veteran) when they register, except when competing in a NON-Divisional competition. It is the responsibility of the competitor to be sure they are registered in the correct division. If we are made aware you have designated yourself as a novice and you are actually a veteran you will be disqualified and required to return trophy and any moneys given.
- Competitors may not post any of their competition work to any social media platform whatsoever before the awards ceremony! Any competitor found violating this rule will possibly be given a warning or more likely disqualified from that competition in which they posted their work.
- All competitors must be responsible for receiving your winning trophies. If you are international competitor or cannot make it to the award ceremony, please make arrangements for someone to accept your trophy and send it to you. Nailpro Competitions will not be responsible for shipping trophies to winners.
- Anovice ART competitor has not won first-place in any DIVISIONAL NAIL ART competition at a beauty show.
- Anovice Extension competitor has not won first-place in any DIVISIONAL NAIL EXTENSION competition at a beauty show.
- Aveteran Art competitor has won first-place in a DIVISIONAL NAIL ART competition at a beauty show.
- Aveteran EXTENSION competitor has won first-place in a DIVISIONAL NAIL EXTENSION competition at a beauty show.
- ANON-Divisional competition consists of both Veteran and Novice competitors. No first place win will move anyone up a division.
ART NAIL COMPETITIONS:
- 3-D NAIL ART
- FANTASY NAIL ART
- HAND PAINTED NAIL ART
- MIXED MEDIA NAIL ART
ARTISTIC EXTENSION COMPETITIONS: AS of 2017/2018 SEASON
- EXTREME STILETTO DESIGN
- FIVESTYLE SCULPTURED NAIL
- FRENCH TWIST
EXTENSION NAIL COMPETITIONS:
- 3 IN ONE
- SALON SUCCESS
- SCULPTURED NAILS
- SCULPTURED STILETTO
- TIP AND OVERLAY
- ON MY OWN
NON DIVISIONAL NAIL COMPETITIONS
- IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BLING!
- PERFECT MATCH
- SOAK OFF GEL ART
- SOAK OFF GEL APPLICATION
- TIP AND OVERLAY RELAY
- Any novice competition with 4 or less competitors, the first place winner is not required to move to veteran status. If you choose to you can but are not allowed to return to novice.
- Novice competitors who win first-place in a Nail Art Competition award must advance to the veteran level of Nail Art for the next competition. You may continue to compete, as a novice in any extension competitions provided you have not won a first-place in such a competition.
- A team of competitors that wants to participate in the NAILPRO Cup Team Challenge must announce their team affiliation upon registering. The number of team members is unlimited. Top 5 team member scores earned will count toward the Nailpro Team Cup. (If a competitor joins a team, or changes teams between shows, the score earned by that competitor in prior competitions will remain with the original team.)
- Competitors who compete on a manufacturer’s team must compete using only manufacturer’s labeled products from that company. Files and metal implements are excluded.
- Prizes: All monies are listed unless otherwise noted.
- Novice winners will receive a trophy and at our NAILPRO shows, a bag of donated products if provided.
- Veteran winners will receive a trophy and cash awards as follows:
1st place : 340 RON
2nd place : 255 RON
3rd place : 200 RON
- NON-DIVISIONAL competitions combine both novice and veteran. Prizes awarded for these competitions will be medallions and a bag of donated products if provided.
- New competitions may have different prize structure. Winners will receive medallions or trophies. Please see individual rules for detailed information. Entry fees vary depending on competition.
Fee for Novice: 45 euro (VAT included)
Fee for Veteran: 75 euro (VAT included)
Fee for Non-Divisional: 55 euro (VAT included)
*** THE PARTICIPATION FEE IS NOT REFUNDABLE ***
- ONE HANDED COMPETITIONS – We would like to ask if possible when sharing a model to do your best to choose a competitor of the same level. Example – Veteran and Veteran or Novice and Novice. It makes it easier at judging. This is not a rule just a suggestion.
- NAILPRO competitions utilize analytic scoring to judge the entries. Three judges preview the novice entries and veteran entries as two separate groups. Through the process of elimination, the judges select no more than ten finalists at each level to be scored. All other entries are excused prior to scoring by the judges. Non divisional competitions use the same preview and judging system.
- The finalists at each level are viewed simultaneously during the scoring process. Finalists are evaluated in ten categories; each category is worth a possible ten points, ranging from 1 (Unacceptable) to 10 (Flawless) except where otherwise noted. Each of the three judges is responsible for three to four categories. The categories for each competition are listed in the rules specific to that competition. Only finalists receive score sheets.
- The competition staff calculates the final scores, and the judges verify the placements before excusing the finalists. Any ties will be broken by the Head Judge. The decision of the judges is final.
THE NAILPRO CUP – INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM
There must be a minimum of four competitors in each competition for the competition to proceed as planned. This means four each in veteran, and four each in novice or four non-divisional. If a Novice competition fails to be held, the novice entrants present will be allowed to compete in the veteran division for that particular competition only. If they win they will not be moved up a level. There will be no NOVICE refunds of registration fees unless the competition is canceled by me. In the event there are less than 4 Veteran competitors and the competition will not be run and they will be allowed to transfer their entry fee to another competition during that current competition year.
New Score Rules For All TURN-IN competitions: For both individual and team entries, NAILPRO Cup score for all turn-in competitions will be tabulated as 100% of their score.
The competitor with the highest cumulative score at the end of the Nailpro Romania show, will be crowned as TOP MATER .
The individual competitor with the highest cumulative score at the end of NAILPRO Romania will receive a TOP MASTER trophy
The points for the top 5 point earners for each team at each show will be added towards the Team Cup.
The team with the highest cumulative score at the end of the Nailpro Romania show, will be crowned as TOP TEAM .
The team with the highest cumulative score at the end of NAILPRO Romania will receive a TOP TEAM medallions and certificate
The individual competitor with the highest cumulative score at the conclusion of NAILPRO Eastern Europe will be crowned the NAILPRO Cup Champion for that year and receive:
- The NAILPRO Cup trophy
- Payed trip to NAILPRO Cup Las Vegas
The team with the highest cumulated scores at the conclusion of NAILPRO Romania will win the NAILPRO Cup Team Challenge for that year and receive:
- The NAILPRO Cup Team Championship trophy
- Each member of the team will receive medallions
** New Rule/Change
Property of Nailpro Competition © 2019 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copyrighted, and all rights reserved.
- Competitors and models should plan to attend the Awards Ceremony to receive recognition and certificates of participation. Immediately after the ceremony, the competition staff will distribute score sheets to the finalists. Please know your number! The judges will be available to answer questions and make suggestions for improvement.All prize or trophy revisions are announced during the briefing or after awards.New rules, competitions and/or new information are always up for discussion. Any and all ideas, comments, suggestions and or questions MUST be presented via e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
NAILPRO competitions are a showcase for the nail industry. The NAILPRO competition staff expects all participants to conduct themselves in a professional, sportsmanlike manner. Anyone failing to do so will be asked to leave the competition or area at once